High School Athletes (ages 15-18)
Our junior development program sets the foundation for an athlete’s future in the college ranks. Taking advantage of a high physical growth and development period, we introduce athletes to training methods focused on developing speed, strength, flexibility, stamina and overall explosiveness. Every program is unique to the athlete based on their chosen sport.
“Don’t just participate, but dominate”
The modern high school athlete faces a much more difficult schedule, incorporating both competition & academics
Every thing that is done within a program must have rationale behind it
What will you experience at our training facility?
In depth assessment & consultation that looks at the following areas, in order to determine exactly what they need to do within their own individualized program to reach their goals and be the best they can possibly be
- Body composition (body fat, body water, lean muscle tissue)
- Girth measurements
- Muscle imbalance
- Posture analysis
- Movement analysis
- Appropriate strength and endurance tests
- Sport-specific performance tests
What you will receive is a Professionally designed monthly programs tailored to your own needs & goals to ensure safe & effective training.
The absolute best coaching in technique and performance that you will find.
You will learn why you are doing what you are doing and how to train the right way for you.
What are the Types of High School Athletes that The System Works With?
Services Four Levels of High School Athletes:
1. Rookie Player – Prospects are a risk proposition. More often than not, it takes roughly 2-3 years to see real talent coming through.
2. Under-productive Player – Define weak links and overcome them.
“The chain is only as strong as the weakest link”
3. Chronically Injured Player – Determine possible causative factors that may be contributing towards decreased performance.
4. Non-Injured Individual Athlete – Trying to obtain a scholarship to a “D1” College & who wishes to maintain/improve their health and wellbeing
Benefits from www.TheSystem.ca training:
- Character Development – positive character or attitude towards peers, parents and coaches fosters a strong work ethic, which can lead to success in sport and in life
- Learn proper nutrition and eating habits
- Learn basic Theory and Conditioning Terminology
- Learn basic regeneration techniques
- Instilling an active healthy lifestyle
- Development foundation of correct biomechanics of all movement patterns (Running, Jumping, Pushing, Pulling, Throwing, Catching) coordination and general athleticism (i.e. Physical intelligence)
- Strength training preparation through the utilization of body-weight exercises and medicine ball exercises
- Develop good posture and Ideal muscle tension patterns that naturally foster efficient movement
- Lower injury risk
SPEED and ACCELERATION TRAINING
- Running technique
- Advanced acceleration skills
- Advanced velocity skills
LOW-LEVEL PLYOMETRICS TRAINING
- Advanced double-leg jumps
- Advanced low-level hops
- Advanced low-level skips
IMPROVEMENT OF RANGE OF MOTION
- Dynamic flexibility
- Static flexibility
- Proprioceptive neuromuscular flexibility
- Functional strength exercises
- Active and passive mobility
- Develop proper warm up sequence
- Soft tissue work to get rid of scar tissue, knots and adhesions in order to restore optimal tissue quality and movement and get rid of pain, stiffness, and movement limitations
- Increase pliability (i.e. combination of flexibility, mobility & speed)
- Core strength exercises
- Swiss ball conditioning, pool conditioning and foot and ankle mobility / strengthening
- Body weight strength
- Functional strength exercises
- Corrective exercise to prevent and rehabilitate injuries, decrease stiffness
- Fix postural faults and address muscular imbalances and asymmetries
- Introduction to compound lifts (i.e. Squat, deadlift, overhead press etc…)
- Learn proper eating habits that will be a staple through out your life
- Custom meal plans, custom supplement plans
- Guided grocery shopping
- Time-saving meal preparation & cooking tips