Speed & Regeneration Specialization Course
For over 33 years, the TheSystem.ca has been delivering evidence informed information & ‘Real World Experience’ to the most qualified exercise professionals in their field.
TheSystem.ca continues to improve safe, effective training & guidelines.
TheSystem.ca continues to evolve to reflect the latest research & industry trends.
The first of its kind in Canada, TheSystem.ca’s “Speed & Regeneration Specialization™”, focuses on the development of speed, testing, recovery & regeneration.
This guide serves to provide qualified exercise professionals with an overview of the Specialization.
TheSystem.ca’s “Speed & Regeneration Specialization™”, must demonstrate advanced knowledge in the following five Core Competency areas:
Core Competency #1: Speed Biomechanics, Physiology, & Performance Psychology
- Speed physiology
- Biomechanics of sport & occupational performance
- Environmental & physiological considerations
- Sport psychology
Core Competency #2: Speed Performance Assessment
- Speedspecific testing protocols
- Monitoring internal & external training load
- Body composition
Core Competency #3: Speed Performance Exercise Design & Prescription
- Speed training principles
- Speed periodization/prescription & long-term planning
- Monitoring speed & conditioning
Core Competency #4: Energy Intake for Speed & Performance
- Applied nutrition for speed
Core Competency #5: Recovery & Regeneration for Speed
- Evasive methods for regeneration
- Invasive methods for regeneration
- Practical applications of regeneration methodolgies
Online preparation modules have been developed as well as a practical component to demonstrate core competency.
Purchase of the module is available to all qualified exercise professionals & can be purchased in any order.
Visit https://thesystem.ca/contact-us to inquire about more details & to purchase.
Module 1: Physiology & Training Prescriptions for the Components of Speed
- Section 1: Endurance
- Section 2: Strength
- Section 3: Speed & agility
- Section 4: Posture
- Section 5: Flexibility & mobility
Module 2: Performance Assessment
- Section 1: Properties of Measurement
- Section 2: Considerations for Testing
- Section 3: Methods of Assessment
Module 3: Planning & Management of Speed Training
- Section 1: Periodization & The System.ca “360-Degree 4-Gear Integrated Approach”
- Section 2: Principles of Speed Training
- Section 3: Training for Speed & Agility
- Section 4: Special Topics
- Case Study 1: Hockey